Only half of Thacher's revenue comes from net tuition each year; the other half comes from the Annual Fund (20%) and our endowment (30%). With such a heavy reliance on philanthropy, it is truly the support and generosity of our community—a collective endeavor—that allows students to enjoy a meaningful and memorable educational experience here in Ojai so they may do the best work in the world that they can.
By giving to the Thacher Annual Fund, you immediately serve our students and their growth in the current academic year. Your donation supports people and programs across the School:
- Thacher’s top-notch faculty and their professional development
- Financial aid for one third of our students
- Initiatives around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Counseling services to promote student mental health and well-being
- Food and veterinary care for 120 horses
- 33 arts classes, clubs, and performances
- 28 reimagined afternoon activities including swimming, disc golf, trail running, hiking, yoga, fitness, beach volleyball, dance, tennis, and trail crew
- Environmental and sustainability initiatives
- Open houses, movie nights, and other activities to promote community bonding
- Stewardship and preservation of Thacher's historic 427-acre campus
- Outdoor and backcountry extra-day trips (EDTs)
Please consider a gift to the Thacher Annual Fund today. Your generosity at any level propels our School forward, strengthens our community, and makes possible a place and program like no other. Thank you so much for your support.